Wednesday, June 27, 2007

June CX Bike O' Month

As we hit a lull in the mountain bike racing season, my thoughts have turned to cyclocross and specifically getting a new CX bike. Not that my Scott Cyclocross Team isn't a fine bike, just want to look around to see what's out there. This is always really difficult, even in NorCal since so few stores even no what a CX bike is. So, I thought I would highlight a few easy to buy rides while we wait for the season to start.

My attraction this month is a bike with a fine pedigree and a good price:


Bianchi Cross Concept

Your Price: $1,489
37% off $2,349.99 msrp
http://www.jensonusa.com/


I like the specs: scandium frame with carbon rear triangle, carbon fork, Shimano Ultegra mostly drive train and WTB tires. It's also one of the few CX rides that you can get over the Internet, in case your local dealer doesn't carry them.

Next month, I'll look at an American CX bike from Cannondale.

No comments: